selling points for 6 apps.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Nitroman, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

payup I was just wondering what some of you tell potential cust. when they say they only want three or four apps.? I usually rad-el off some diseases do to low nitro like dollar spot, for reasoning the mid summer apps.

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I just tell them the truth. If we are here every 5-6 weeks then it's a lot easier for us to keep the lawn looking its best and to protect against bug damage. If we come and haven't been here for 8 weeks it takes us more time, more product, there are more weeds, so we charge more. I offer a package deal price for people who do all 6 apps. No 6 apps, no package deal. It would cost someone the same to get 4 or 6 apps from me so they all get 6.

3. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

Just explain to the customer that fert. only last in the ground 45days and that the more often you are there the better their lawn will look. Tell them about the different weeds and the different times of the year that they come into lawns. And that this is the reason for so many apps., to get their lawn looking the very best.

4. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

if they want 4 apps then fine, but we dont do free service calls with those programs. chrage the base of 35.00 then $3.19 per thou there after.

5. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

You only put down "X" amount of fertilizer per visit. The 6 app. program is designed to deliver what the state university recommends as far as nutrient amounts over the course of the season. Anything less than that is less than what the turf needs and it will show. Mother nature did not invent turf. We did when we invented the lawn mower. Turf NEEDS to be fertilized or it will go away, period. Plus free service calls only come with the full program, because there will be a reason for them to call with complaints if they don't opt for that.

6. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Thanks! no free service calls on less than six app programs. I learn something new every day.

7. posted byTurfscape LLC
    You only put down "X" amount of fertilizer per visit. The 6 app. program is designed to deliver what the state university recommends as far as nutrient amounts over the course of the season.

doesn't that depend on your source of nitrogen

[

8. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

doesn't that depend on your source of nitrogen

I don't think so, all your nutrients are in the potassium. Someone remind me again what the phosphorus does?

9. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

What are you talking about?!? The nutrients are in the phosphorous??? Back waaaaayyy up. I don't even know how to correct that statement.

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i dont bend to much its 6 or not really want to service them
    i like the ones that ask for six then get the price then say they want only4 apps and the price goes up per app and they cry