1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Selling some clients? Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Employment' started by BBallkid42, Jun 30, 2010.

1. BBallkid42

BBallkid42 LawnSite Member

I currently have 15 weekly yards that I take care of that gross me $400/week. I will be heading off to college this fall and a local landscaping business has approached me and offered to "buy" my yards from me when I leave for college. I am still considering this option but if I decide to pursue this option, how much do I sell the yards for? Is it a certain percentage or what? I don't want to get ripped off if I make this move. I have never been involved with something like this so any input would be appreciated!!! Thanks

2. lilweeds

lilweeds LawnSite Senior Member

Somewhere between $1600 and $3200 depending on the time of year your sell them and if they are under contract.

3. BBallkid42

BBallkid42 LawnSite Member

These clients are under contract, how did you come up with the price of $1600 - $3200?

4. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

He came at that number from it being 1-2months of sales.

5. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

The guys that sell their contracts in my area also charges about 1-2 months worth of sales. Only time I see something different is when you have accounts of 100+ and selling all your equipment (truck included) good luck.