Selling Trailer

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Lawntime Mowers, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Lawntime Mowers

Lawntime Mowers LawnSite Member
    from KC MO

Anybody close to Kansas City MO looking to buy a new utility trailer.
    I had this one built for me and turns out I'm not going to use it.

It's a heavy duty 8X10
    All steel floor
    Single Axel (3900)
    15" GoodYear tires.
    5000 lb tung jack
    4' gate with chain locks

I'm going to list this on e-bay soon if nobody on lawnsite is looking for one.
    I did not get a title or license for this one so you'll have to apply for a builders title and license.
    I'm asking a firm $1200.00
    I don't want to loose to much since I never used it even once.
    I didn't have it painted so you'll have to paint it what ever color you want.

7.jpg

9.jpg

4.jpg

12.jpg

17.jpg

2. Lawntime Mowers

from KC MO

More Photos

18.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

28.jpg

34.jpg

3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

$1200 for that POS? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

bwbwbaagagaa, when did you have it built???

the 60's

5. Lawntime Mowers

from KC MO

Was built with all new parts March 2006.
    It's been siting out in the rain without paint since March so it has a build up of rust over everything.

6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

if you get 1200 for that... i better get like 2500 for mine. and btw i have a Carry-On 6X14 Tandem Axle 7000GVWR used maybe a dozen or so times. brand new still... i paid 2500 and want to get rid of it for atleast 2K i live in CT but would be willing to meet half way or deliver if close enough. PM me if your intrested.

7. notoriousDUG

notoriousDUG LawnSite Member

Um... I really hate to be 'that guy' about this but...

That is a very high price for a 'home built' trailer. Around where I live you can get a tandem axle car hauler with 2 axle brakes and new tires for around 22-2500. a open landscape trailer is even less. This is for a painted trailer with a conventional axle layour and quality lights. used that same trailer in great shape is going to be 11-1500

While there is nothing wrong wiht your trailer or it's lay out the lack of paint and unusual axle layout really hurt your price.

8. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

First thing one would have to do to that trailer is move the axle forward to get correct load balance. The way it is setup with the axle all the way to the rear is going to place to much weight on the tongue and it will pull like crap. Otherwise, a little paint and its a good looking trailer, but I can buy one of the same or similar size for less money new. I do like the way the fenders where incorporated into the bed.

9. Ben@speedbarn

Ben@speedbarn LawnSite Member

You should incorporate the tailights in the hole at the back of the fender for protection. They are in a dangerous place right now.

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

yeah good luck with that:rolleyes: