Seminar in D.C.?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NCL, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Anybody going to the seminar in Washington D.C. Oct. 1??

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It would be helpful to know what seminar you are referring to btw...for all we know, it could be about basket weaving or pottery lol...

3. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

This is a site for people in the lawn care indusrty isn't it? The name of the Seminar is - Learn how to Manage labor and improve profits by Jack Mattingly sponsered by Lawn and Landscape. This is why I keep my posts to a minimum, if you were going you would know what the seminar was.

4. Geoffrey

Geoffrey LawnSite Member

NCL,
    I'm not going but I've been to four such seminars. The speakers were all highly qualified PHD's that are obviously smart people. They all "suggest" raising your rates and doing less work for more $$$. Hopfully you'll get some great information and let us know what you get out of it. Please PM me some suggestions. Thanks

Geoff

5. rodfather

No, it is Ph.D. Ah, how so smart to charge more and do less...mind boggeling I say...damn

Let's see I have a BS in Economics.
    BS in Marketing
    MBA in Industrial Relations

I am so sure those "experts" who have never operated a Z or a WB could really teach me something...LMAO

6. Geoffrey

Geoffrey LawnSite Member

Rodfather,
    Your correction of my grammar is duely noted! Ph.D is correct and PHD. is wrong my mistake. So your two B.S. degrees and one MBA degree give you all the knowledge you'll ever need? That's fantastic, I wish I was so smart I never had to learn anything new ever again after college! I didn't really get your post I have to admit.

Geoff

7. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Thanks Geoffrey, I'll let you know.

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Geoff, I'm not defending Rod because he does not need me to do that. But read your own comment its pretty dam stupid! a paper boy knows if you raise your rates you will make more money WTF you needed a PH.D to tell you that?
    And if you would ever read any of Rods post you can only wish you could get to where he's at as far as knowledge of the business goes. he hires and fires guys like you, Your just the typical lawn boy. Been to a seminar and now you disrespect a member that has forgot more than you know. You need to start at the top of the thread and read everyones response and you will see how ignorant your comments are!

Mac

9. Geoffrey

Geoffrey LawnSite Member

Mac and Rod,
    Wasn't there a thread in the past few weeks about new members disrespecting older members of lawnsite? Funny Rod writes of his no need for additional knowledge from experts and you Mac write about how ignorant my post is. Weird I wonder why a thread would be dedicated to smart ass comments from NEW lawnsite members? Why or what could provoke new members to write posts challenging old members? As far my post the point I was making is that all these experts with their college education suggest the same thing. They use a formula and percentages to educate the contractors about hourly charges and reducing work loads. I know you guys are so brilliant and this is far beneath you. The specific way they presented the information was interesting. Couple that with all the posts and threads on this site about scrubs and lowballers I thought it they were good seminars. I don't even feel like busting your chops old man dirt just keep up your productive posts.

Geoff

10. rodfather

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.