Seminars/training

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KELLY'S LC, Sep 13, 2005.

1. KELLY'S LC

KELLY'S LC LawnSite Member

HEY GUYS, JUST STARTED THIS YEAR..SO FAR THINGS HAVE BEEN GREAT, I THINK. GOT SIX COMMERCIAL YEAR ROUND ACCOUNTS. AFTER EXPENSES WILL PROBABLY CLEAR 17K, FOR PART TIME WORK. I HAVE BEEN GETTING BY WITH A 2 YR OLD 48" HUSQUAVARIA AND A COMBO TRIMMER/EDGER AND A HAND HELD BLOWER.......MOWER HAS ABOUT HAD IT, ALSO USE IT ON MY OWN 3 ACRE LOT....PLAN ON GOING ZTR IN THE SPRING AND GETTING ALL ECHO EQUIPMENT TO GO WITH IT.(RECOMMENDATIONS/OPINIONS?) I HAVE FOUND THAT IN MY AREA (SMITHFIELD, N.C.) I HAVE TO OFFER WHAT I CALL AN ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE....ie. MOWING, PRUNING AND MULCH/PINESTRAW, MINOR LANDSCAPING. AFTER READING SOME OF THE REPLIES, I THINK I MAY HAVE UNDERBID MOST OF MY JOBS.......JUST FOUND THIS SITE THIS WEEK....PRETTY MUCH WENT INTO THIS BLIND..I THINK I READ IN HERE SOMEWHERE HOW TO BID ON A PROPERTY, COVERING ALL THAT I MENTIONED ABOVE, DO I KEEP EVERYTHING SEPARATE INITIALLY THEN ADD IT ALL TOGETHER AND DIVIDE BY 12 MONTHS.....TO COME UP WITH A MONTHLY FEE.?....ANY HELP HERE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....ALSO FOR ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH MY AREA, WHERE CAN I SIGN UP OR ATTEND SOME CLASSES TO GET SOME CERTIFICATIONS UNDER MY BELT, TO HELP MY BID PACKAGE, LOOK A LITTLE MORE APPEALING.....I GUESS THIS IS ENOUGH FOR NOW.......THANKS, ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED.....

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi KELLY'S LC,

Just a thought. If you are learning how to bid your jobs, would it be better to not get into annual contracts and instead charge per job. Then if your bidding is too far off, you won't be stuck in a year contract. You could then potentially have room to raise your price to try to correct the error.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates.Make your own logo Free.</center>

3. SONSCAPES

SONSCAPES LawnSite Member

there is a scag dealer in smithfield i'm not sure the name of the business. great mowers! call your county extension to find out about pesticide license. call (919)816-9121 to look into plant professional ,landscape tech or landscape contractors certifications.warning! they are extremely difficult will take much studying. as far as looking appealing i use truck logos,shirts and i also keep my equip. clean. I have a good friend who did all my logos pm me if you want his name and # he is here in goldsboro.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Dam dude sounds like your ding GREAT,,,,, Cong's