Senario. Oppinions...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 7, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well, So far i have 20lawns each week that i get done in 7-8hrs in a day.

Please, dont take this like im being a stuck up bi7ch or such, im just wondering what you think my response will be... On weds, the 12th, i have about 12k flyers going out into a whole zip code. The average percentage call back in 3%. which is like 360 calls. i will be VERY happy if i gain 20+ lawns. What do yall think my response will be?

And on top of that, i am sponsering my school for a tv show they are airing, so i am getting TV time commercial too...

Im proud, 16yrs old, and have a TV Advertisment already and 12k flyers. lol... anyway... what do yall think the response will be from the 12k flyers...

Also, if i get 15+ more customers, i will be looking into a 32wb, something that will fit through small gates, and easy to monuver. Thanks Guys.
  2. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

"have a TV Advertisment already"

Tell us about that.....
  3. From what I have heard and experienced, typical response is more like one percent. 3 percent would be outstanding. Let us know what the response ends up being.
  4. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

well our school has this yearly thing where they try to raise money for the school. Compaines sponser them by donating things, and they auction them off, and they play games and such. So, i am donating a month of free lawn service (to whoever wins the bid or wins the prize), and im getting free TV time for a few minutes each day for 3 days :) but its not gonna gain that many customers IMO

however, im really excited about the flyers. How many customers do yall think i would gain from the 12k flyers that go out on weds? i hope i gain about 20 or so customers.
  5. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

i would love one percent, thats 120. damn, i would be soooo happy, then i would be at 140 a week, even .5 percent would be awsome! lol
  6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

IMO, it's kind of late in the season to be advertising that much. No doubt you'll get some response, but from my experience most of the potential customers will be sown up by mid May. There are always stragglers, but at this point in the season, I'm pretty much solidifying my schedule and not expecting more demand for regular service. And a lot of the kind of calls that come in this time of year are for those people who haven't cut their yards yet and have about a foot of grass to cut.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but if you're shelling out a lot of $$ for advertising at this point, it may be a waste. Or maybe not. Just my experience.

7. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

well total this year i have put out about 3k fliers, and have signed almost every call from them. I signed probably 10 jobs from them. dont expect much, unless it is some pofessionaly flier. Why dont you post it, and then we will judge how many we think you will get.

8. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

I think that the 1% is for responses, you then have to take a low perc. of those that you will land as new customers.
  9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

thanks for the replys, and yes i know its kind of late to be advertising, but i signed up in march to get the advertisments sent out, it took em a while to get it all together for me. so we shall see next week!
  10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

ill post the flyer, let me go grab it from my truck