send flyers out at the end of the season

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ron Greenwood Jr, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Ron Greenwood Jr

Ron Greenwood Jr LawnSite Member
    from IL

Has anyone ever tried to send flyers out at the end of the season what was the response

2. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Much less response than advertising when they are looking for your service....

Do you notice how many products or services are timed for their peek time of year... "Butterball" before Thanksgiving, retailers before Christmas, weight loss before new years resolutions, etc... Well, Springtime is to landscaping like Christmas is too retailers...

No since trying to sell ice to Eskimos... :) Best to try and time your advertising right before your Spring flush of growth to get the most for your advertising dollar...

Good Luck, Clay

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Yep send out flyer yr. rd. I don't get as many responses at this time of yr and I usually say that I'll give 10% discount on all contract returned before the 1st of yr. I do mostly installs so Having that 2-4 contract that I do get sure does make winter a whole lot easier to take knowing I'm going to make a few Ks soon as the weather breaks. Plus you are gonna be the only co hitting this time of yr with flyers so it kinda makes the co. name stick in there heads

Mac

4. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

When we used direct mail we did 4 mailing each year. We found that one mailing to one market produced few results. You need to keep your name coming in the door all year.

5. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Sent out 1000 flyers last week. Rec'd a few responses. Lot of
    companies send out renewals for lawn care around now....
    especially trugreen.

6. Ron Greenwood Jr

Ron Greenwood Jr LawnSite Member
    from IL

Thank's I think that I may be able to pull a few in.