send us a tropicalstorm

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jeffex, Sep 19, 2005.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

No rain here since Aug. 28 We could use the REMNANTS of one of these storms to break the drought here in central MD. I went to Pa to watch the drag races at Maple Grove Sun. and they are green still up there but just barely. I will have to get my aeration customers to water before I show up just to get any decent plugs. Just like being a farmer !! weather is the key
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I feel your pain. Mine here are brown and dry. I skipped all but 4 yards this week. No rain in forcast this week and temps in the 90,s. :realmad:
  3. jeffex

I'm going to get caught up on pressure washing jobs this week!! A friend that does landscape install says his call are way off after Katrina and we live so far away. People tighten the purse strings when stuff happens like gas going to $379 here. Usually when they decide to spend again it comes back big like after Sept. 11
  4. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We got about 6" from Katrina, and almost 4" on Friday last week from that other storm that was down south...

Everything is WET now.. Couldn't mow on Friday and alot of lawns will not be able to be serviced until Weds or Thurs this week.
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'll buy into that tropical storm idea. We are super dry here. It's time to catch up on those little PITA jobs I keep putting off.
  6. twindiddy

twindiddy LawnSite Member

Alright, you guys can have Rita. But, you gotta come down here and get her.

Good luck!
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We'll take Rita, Pita, just bout anything right now...
  8. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

It so dry here that when you try to spit you sound like a cat choking on a hairball. They were saying thunderstorms today but its clear sky, no wind and 90f. Bloody weather service
  9. jeffex

I hear a Hurricane is just like taking a wife. when she comes in shes all wet and wild but when shes leaves half your stuff is gone!!! Bring on Rita!!
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

that is very funny.