sending a check every 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Mar 23, 2005.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Ok, the estimates are finally rolling in, matt had a bunch lined up today. So he lands this one guy, tells him all about us, and says that we do monthly billing, and that he'll receive a bill at the end of every month. the guy says, "oh no, I can't do that, I want to pay every two weeks, I can't have the cuts and service building up too much. I never wait to pay my bills." So now I have to deal with this guy sending in a payment every two weeks, who knows if he'll screw up the pricing, forget the sales tax, more chance of me misplacing the checks... I said to matt, "You mean you couldn't convince the guy to go monthly?" he says, "Jodi, you know how people are, did you want me to lose this decent account just because the guy wants to pay twice a month?" I think this is a sign this guy is going to be a pita. Would anyone have told the guy to hit the highway if he wouldn't accept monthly billing?
    btw, just starting conversation.....

2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a customer that pays every 2 weeks as well.I told them over and over We bill once monthly.She said basically down the same lines as your Jodi that she didn't want a large bill and it's easier for her to pay on payday.I deal with it because it is a good account and she was on time every 2 weeks...

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

If he doesn't want to get behind.. ask him to prepay every month.

4. lawnlubber

lawnlubber LawnSite Member

I know where your coming from but this can't be the first time you've run into this? You can't be serious about seeing him off because he wants to pay half his monthly bill early. I know the book keeping for him will take an extra minute or so every month, just deal with it.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Send him to me Jodi...I'll take that kind of customer any day of the week.

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Money is money just some of it is a pain in the arse...

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

LOL , I wouldnt kick him for paying every 2 weeks, I would take it and be glad I didnt have to chase after him for the payment

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is exactly what I was thinking too:)

9. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

As business owners I think we need to make it as easy as possible for people to spend thier money with us. I would think this would be a good problem to have rather than some people who are perpetually sloooow with the monthly payment. However, I do understand this will be somewhat of a pain in the neck, clericly.

10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Jodi-My first thought is this: The guy gets paid every two weeks , and he needs to pay when he has cash in his hand, b/c he may have money management issues. He might be the type who has to pay immediately b/c he won't have double that amount left fom payday at the end of each month...you could be right, he may be a PITA waiting to happen....