Sending a FEMALE to give estimates/consultations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigjeeping, Feb 14, 2006.

1. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I had a glorious idea that other day...

If I were an older, male homeowner, most likely going through a mid-life crisis, with a stressful job and a demanding family..... How great would it feel to call a lawn company and set up an estimate/consultation and when the day rolls around, a beautiful young lady shows up, dressed very professionally (with a low cut company polo on) ,to talk to me about what I need to make my lawn look great for the summer.

Granted the lady would be well versed in all of the company's policies, equipment, and services.

As long as she new what she was talking about I would be more likely to sign up with her than some 30-yr old guy wearing holey jeans, boots, and a t-shirt.

Any thoughts here?
    My idea:

Without extensive training, I would never trust a woman to accurately price my estimates. But I could always send her out to do consultations - explain how everything will work, how they will be billed, when we will come, yada yada yada... She could also upsell aearation, dethatching, mulch jobs, much easier than I could! Then I'd have her snap a few pics of the lawn and tell the homeowner they'll receive a typed estimate in the mail within a few days.

I would review the pics, and if needed drive by the house on my own to make sure the pricing is right on before mailing out an estimate.

2. jason u

jason u LawnSite Member

Good idea, but if you offer a quality product or service, there is no need to "pimp out" your business. It would however be a nice touch, and would probably increase business. My only question is if the homeowner is wanting that girl to come back to do the work, and when you show up for the first time, are they going to be disappointed?? Just a question.

3. bigjeeping

I'd get her some business cards and label her something like "service consultant".... that way the grumpy old men would know she just does the paperwork!

4. jason u

jason u LawnSite Member

that'll work, great idea then, might have to try it. Have had a lot of problems getting people who are willing to let us give them an estimate.

5. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

My wife has done the majority of the estimates. She's one of those people that is just very likable and she has landed us some great accounts. She is a very important cog in our operation!!!

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Down here ....most of those females are in the "entertainment" clubs .... making +$500 a night

7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I am not EEEVEN going to touch this one with a ten foot pole!!UUURRRGGGGGHHHH!Jurk

8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm friends with a stripper, she comes right from work still in her dancing clothes (or lack of) and I send her out to do estimates.

Sales to single men in the 25-40 year old range have sky rocketed.

9. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

what about a complete mowing crew of all women that were dressed in daisy dukes an bikini tops !!! great marketing ideas

10. bigjeeping

It's already been done.