Sending Flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by smarino21, Feb 13, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I am going to be sending out 60k flyers with half me and half a window cleaning compnay in a newspaper insert out of 60k how mny u think i can land as actuall contracted lawns?

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

How good are you at selling? Even if you received .5% that would equal 300 calls it is up to you to sell them. If you only landed 25% of them that would be 75. If you are good and land 50% or better then 150+. Plus, if you received a higher response rate then of course the numbers potentially could be greater. How many are you trying to landed? What kind of accounts are you trying to get?

3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

I have found flyers to be the most cost effective method of advertising. I work full time at an office and am high enough in the pecking order that other employees don't ask questions about the use of the lazer printer. If you can get away with using employer's ink, printer, and paper the only cost to you is the fuel to deliver them. On that note - NEVER NEVER NEVER stick them in mailboxes - that is law. I put them in newspaper tubes, while it might irritate the carrier, usually they don't bother you about it unless you do it frequently. Feb seems to generate the highest response rate for me, followed by May. good luck!!!!!!!!!

4. smarino21

to tell you the truth i plan on getting maybe 50 from it and i am targeting an area that i hardley ever deal with but it has more wealthy clientel. I hope to god i can get soem good work from it< i think im gonna send them out mid march,.????

5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I think that you stand a really good chance to get what you are looking for if you are looking for 50. Although, nothing is ever guaranteed the numbers work in your favor. I know that 60K is a lot of inserts, but is this going to be your only form of advertising, or are you trying a couple of different ways? Good luck!:)

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I did 5,000 flyers inserted in the Sunday newspaper last May....0 calls.

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have found that this is not the best method of flier delivery also.I think I am done doing paper inserts for a while if not forever.I have tried with black ink on colored paper and full color fliers same results.............BAD.

60,000 is a lot of fliers and I wish you luck with it.Hopefully you will get what you are looking for out of it.
    How are you spliting it with the window cleaning company?

8. smarino21

he is a freind of mine and he is trying to get started ya no/

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

If you guys are going to be on the same flier I don't think that it will be the greatest idea.I think it will take away from both of you and limit your opportunity's and the potential calls you could each receive if you did it yourself.

10. smarino21

yea i know but its half the money so ya no