sending out snow removal flyers and cards

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Clear-Cut, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i am going to be sending out my flyer for snow removal along with the rates

i am also sending out seasons greetings cards

i was thinking to put the flyer in with the card. it will save me a couple bucks

my parents think it would be "tacky" to put them in together. what do you think? should i send them seperatly?

i would say that 85% of my customers are seniors and they have been asking if i was doing snow removal and i told them yes, i will get back to them with how much i will be charging.
  2. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i send all of my customers a flyer or door hanger along with a quote with their final bill generally, and also a thank you letter for their business.
  3. Clear-Cut

so do you think its tacky to send someone a holiday greetings card and hit them with the cost for snow removal at the same time or should i do it seperately?
  4. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think that sounds fine. I had a few customers ask about snow blowing this winter. How do you figure your pricing? I will not be plowing with a truck.
  5. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

spend the extra money and send them separate
  6. Clear-Cut

i am doing this...i am charging $30 for the first 5" then after that its $3/1"

for example if there are 8 inches of snow it will be $30 for the first 5" and then $9 for the next 3" for a total of $39.

i thought that would be the best way to do it...i made the $30 base price because if i charged just $3/inch i would be going to snowblow 2 inches of snow for $6 no matter how big the property.

all of the houses i am doing can fit 2 cars in their driveways whether it be one in front of the other or two sitting next to each other. then they have a small walkway

anyway does anyone else have input on advertising in a holiday greeting card?