senior dicount

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by outdoors81, Jan 28, 2006.

1. outdoors81

outdoors81 LawnSite Member

does anyone provide a senior discount? If so is it a percent of the total cost or a flat fee.

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have, but then I stopped. I was thinking about offering a 5% discount for seniors in 06'. Not sure yet.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

No discounts.
    Also some people will use a discount as a marketing tool. ex: lawn company will look at a property for lawn mowing. Price per cut would normally be $30. Instead they will quote the price at $35 per cut, and offer a 10% "senior discount". Customer believes they really got a discount.
    Personally, I don't like that. Give the price you want for the service you are providing, no discounts.

4. lawnguy001

lawnguy001 LawnSite Member

If I did it here in Fla. , I'd be out of business in no time !

5. gravtyklz

gravtyklz LawnSite Member

What ever you do....be consistant.

It's a small world...other customers will find out about your dandy discount that you havent given them...And they probably wont ask you for it.....they'll probably hate you instead.

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I agree with Jodi. Forget the discounts. Charge what you need to.

7. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

No discount at all.I am too busy with top $ customers to bother with those that want to bargin!

8. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

A senior discount, not a chance. I add about 5% for the pita factor that I know I will have to deal with, the whining about todays prices,the fixed income, blah blah and the sad thing about it is the very few wealthy we have are over 60 and control 90% of what goes on in my town. I know I harp on this area a lot but it really is that bad, a cross between Mayberry and Dukes of Hazzard the way things are run here. A hand full of folks control everything.

9. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

nope...and never will

10. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats a discount? never have never will...