Sent out flyers, had success!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PlatinumLandCon, Apr 10, 2008.

1. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Guys,
    The snow is almost 100% gone here so I dropped off flyers on foot last night and have 8 new regulars and 3 bids on landscaping/interlock. I only sent out about 70 flyers so they did better than I thought! One reason I think they did well is because I included the price right on the flyer so all the calls I got were people genuinely interested in my services. People that have never had lawn care before don't know how much it costs so it helps to know right on the spot.

2. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

you must be cheap 2 get that many new ones that fast

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I'm thinking something doesn't sound right. Over the years I've been here on Lawnsite the ratio has been closer to 1 to 3 per 500 successfully closed. I passed out 750 this year and I've bid on 7 and landed 4, with a 5th possible. Since I've just restarted after moving I'm trying to build a customer base, so I've been about $5 low per cut on a few of the jobs.

4. PlatinumLandCon

I'm around $20 per cut. The houses are mostly about 50'x120' so I'm in and out in 10-12 mins. I try to do 3.5-4 houses per hour to keep my hourly earnings high.

5. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

move down here by me and cut all my lawns for $20 and i could live off the rest raise your prices man, do less work and make more money. i dont understand why everybody wants to work for nothing

6. PlatinumLandCon

Work for nothing? I don't see how a new business can get clients without being a bit cheaper. If I can average $70-80/hour gross I have no problem with that. If I'm so cheap, how much do you think you can rake in per hour?

7. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Here we go:rolleyes:

8. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 LawnSite Senior Member

i put out 4500 door hangers in the past two only picked up two lawn care and put in two bids on some small landscape work this has been r:hammerhead:

9. PlatinumLandCon

AWESOME! I got 2 more people looking for new walkways & small retaining walls. I can't wait to get started!

10. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Remember its Canadian money.