Sentar Sport homebuilt bagging system

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by WJC, Jan 28, 2010.

1. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

Thought I would share a picture of the bagging system i built for my 52 sentar sport. It is 30.5 cubic ft. and much shorter than the other large capacity pull behind units. This thing turns well, even when full. I used a backpack blower plumbed into the shoot to ensure the leaves go through the hose with good velocity to compleately fill the box. I only got to use it on a few leaf cleanups, but it actually worked well. I made it so it attaches in two places like the cyclonerake.It dumps pretty easily too.

Bagger 2.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  2. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

do you get any blow out on the box. i cant see how tight a mesh pattern it is. but it looks better than most things that i see that people make home made
  3. grass guys

grass guys LawnSite Member

Good idea... :clapping::clapping: I like it... How much did it set you back for materials? Did you buy the box already made or did you make it yourself? Is that the throttle trigger for the blower up by the seat? Did you have to make several passes to pick up the leaves or would it pick them up on the first pass?
  4. WJC

The Fwd. and top section have tarp material on there to keep dust from blowing on me. The mesh actually works good with very little blowout, what does blow out is so small that it settles into the grass. And yes that is the throttle that you see, it is attached to my shoot blocker control handle. I built everything myself at home, and it costed me about 650.00 but I already had the blower,which is my backup blower.
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

dude, if it works, then i say well done and pretty slick. i was impressed
  6. WJC

Thanks, I spent a lot of time making it. I was mostly concerned about keeping it as small as I could, but yet have a lot of capacity. You cant see in the picture, but the frame with the wheels is seperate from the box section,which makes it dump easily. With these mowers, you are very limited on your bagging options.
  7. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

That is one of the coolest coustom things I have seen on here very cool
  8. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Very ingenious- it looks better than a lot of the manufactured ones which I see. Great job!! I love the custom stuff people come up with on this site and yours definitely ranks as one of the best!!
  9. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

More pics with detail. That is awesome. I have a 52 inch stander that could use something like that.
  10. WJC

I'll have to take more pics when I get a chance.Its starting to snow here again,so I dont know when I'll be able to take the pics. But this setup would work equally as good on a stander. And everything is made so its easy on and easy off. Sometimes things work better than you think they will. But usually its the other way round.