Sentar Sport homebuilt bagging system

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by WJC, Jan 28, 2010.

1. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

Noted above... $1750 for everything but the blower.

2. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

$1750 is a lot of money considering the blower is not included. I built mine for a lot less.

3. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

But also not bad compared to 10-12000 for a Walker that we use solely for the same purpose, or compared to the cost of a trac vac or protero system, or compared to the $$ value of the hours spent on design, fabrication, and testing of a unit I would build myself...

Nevermind the fact that we have multiple spare blowers around the shop.

This unit is the best fit for me and my situation... others may be different.

4. WJC

For a small fee I'll show you some pictures of the shroud I had to build on the blower to stop the leaves from sucking upto the impeller intake and blocking it off.

5. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

one thing about the piggy back is it wouldn't shred the leaves as well given they are not being put through a 2nd set of blades.

6. abraham

abraham LawnSite Member

this is my first year using o-turn mowers to remove leaves. i like simple and efficient methods. if the leaves are dry, mulch, then ride over again and bag them. (lower the deck as needed). if the leaves are wet, simply bag them. this method reduces the amt. on your truck and saves time. time is money. whatever you do in this business always think of ways to make it easier and less time consuming.

7. WJC

That is correct, And that is why I built my bagger with a very large pull behind box. I wanted to be able to pick up a lot of leaves before dumping.