Sentar Sport Specs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nitrotim, Jan 15, 2005.

1. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I will try to upload the Specs on the new Wright Sentar SPort that the Factory e-mailed me.

2. nitrotim

from nj

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Your link didnt go to the right place.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have ran one and hated it. Its the only wright product I will not support. The 36" model is nice. Because that was what the frame was designed for.
    But the 52" is a joke. Under powered, scalps, tires too small, uncomfortable controls, etc :realmad: . I chewed the guys at the factory out about it. I would not recommend any one buying one. My dealer said the same thing after he tired one out too. Along with the guys from Lawn Wright (Bill Wright's old lawn mowing company)

5. nitrotim

from nj

Did you test the 17 hp or the 19 hp?

6. Goodguy001

Goodguy001 LawnSite Member

Itgottabegreen, now you only tested this model for 10 min. tops. It was the CLIP guy and that was the first demo model made. It clearly has many changes and more HP. Investigate a little deeper before you start to bale on your companies projects.

7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I also wondered why they bothered to make a 52" version of the sport. What's the point with the regular already there? Lighter weight worth the drawbacks?

I'm curious how you can test a mower for power in the Winter, I'd think that tall lawn quality grass would be hard to find. And why are the 52" controls less comfortable than the 36", or is it just something you'd put up with more on the smaller unit? The scalping I totally understand, that's a wide deck for that frame size.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I am sorry I thought it was the lawn wright guys, they have the same style truck (4 door Chevy 3500 with a ramp on the back to put 2-36" scag and a 52" sentar). But the Clip guy and I agreed on the same stuff. He rather have his regular sentar II 52" Another thing, I told wright if they would like to change my option, then they should send me one for a week demo. I never heard back from them on it. You think they would have considering I am probably their biggest fan of the stander. I was the first guy to have them in my area. I have talked tons of people into them. I have a dealer than wants to hire me to sell them just because I know them inside and out.

17hp

Its something you would put up with. The control are only like 12" wide. I can under stand the need since its such a small machine.

The max it should go is 42". So you would buy a sport for 36" and 42" and a full size for 48", 52" and 61".

9. nitrotim

from nj

Well I decided after talking to a couple of people that the Sentar sport is for me. I live down here in the flat lands of south jersey not many hills to worry about scalping. The adjustable deck is a big plus for me also. I am picking up my sport tomorow. 19/52" I'll post pics as soon as I find the damn charger to my camera.

10. nitrotim

from nj

Here of some pics of my sentar sport 19/52" that I picked up this morning. They could be better but the battery died on my camera and as stated above I can't find my charger. I can't wait to cut with this thing.

MVC-026F.JPG

MVC-027F.JPG

MVC-028F.JPG

MVC-029F.JPG

MVC-030F.JPG