Sentar Sport??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Jul 26, 2005.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I think i have an opportunity to demo a Sentar Sport 52 ,19. Has anybody tried one or own one??
    John

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

John, I got to demo one last summer, but it wasn't the Sport. It was a 61" model..very fast , and great cut quality. We use the Wright Standers here in our operation, and have been very happy with them. The local hospital has four Sentars. Stand on mowers are really behind the curve here in Morgantown..lol.... Tim,(Nitrotim), bought a Sentar Sport earlier in the spring. Maybe he will give some input if he sees this at the top. I know there are a few other guys on LS running Sentar Sports, so maybe some of them can offer more insight than I can. The Standers fit our needs better, but I'll give Wright proper credit , because when the rep came down, he was loaded with a Sentar, Velke mower, and a Stander. We got to try everything out on a few of our lawns. When I decided the Stander was going to be the leading choice, he left it with me for almost a week, and told us to use it on every lawn to see just how much time we could save and increase production ..

Bill

3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

That is the only thing that wright makes that I do not support. The 52" deck is just to damn wide for the sport. It scalps everything. The several people on here that bought them have complained about it.

The 36" and 42" decks are what the sport's frame is designed for. Now those little suckers are a killer machine. They are insane on the small properties. Nothing is more productive than the 36" sport.

4. John Gamba

from ct

Thanks Bill.
    John

5. John Gamba

from ct

Do they scalp at 3 to 3.5"'s. Also do they trac better then the stander on larger props??

Can anti scalp wheels be put on it???

John

6. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Experience says:: Stander=good
    Sentar=POS
    Enough said.

7. John Gamba

from ct

It is a sentar sport. It is different.
    John

8. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

With my experience and the word "Sentar" I will stay away forever.
    Good Luck!!
    I'll say a prayer for you.

9. John Gamba

from ct

I have not bought it. i'm trying one hopeful soon.
    John

10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

The full size sentar is better for large properties. The small tires on the sport make is very hard to control on any kind of a slope. No to the antiscalp wheels. There really no place that you can put them.

I had a full size sentar. I liked its power and speed. But I bought if for one account only to lose it 3 weeks later. So I sold it. I would buy another one if I needed one. The 52" model is the best. The 48" has no trim side over hand. The 61" wheels are not far enough apart for the deck. So it scalps too. Remember I mow a lot of hills around here.

I guarantee you won't be happy with a 52" sport.
    Just demo the full size 52" sentar and you will love it.

S and S lawns near me has a full size 52" and a 36" sport. I talked him into that combo and he could not be happier. He is in his first year and is do much better that most people do to time saved by this combo.