1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sentar vs. Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Hello, Can someone please tell me the eXact differeces between the Sentar & Stander....besides the fact that Sentar has a Seat & Floating Deck...

I demoed the 36" Stander but Decided against it because of the fiXed Deck...Now they Claim a 36" Sentar will Soon be Avail....How much Longer will the 36" Sentar likely be than the 36" Stander...Will it be as comfortable to operate as the Stander in Standing Position as I Never Plan to Use the Seat?
  2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

So you never plan on using the seat. Why not? I think that once you use it you'll never be standing. The seats on the current model Sentars are extremely comfortable. When properly adjusted it's like a suspension seat with 8 inches of travel. You'll float over rough ground.
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I think I am the only person who can answer this since I own both. The difference are so extreme, there are very little things that are the same. Its like comparing a fixed deck hydro walkbehind with velke to a ZTR.

It should be just a little longer, not much.

Standing on a sentar is hard. I hate the seat on mine. I like standing, but the controls are to low to stand for a while. The controls are also to close to operators. You can't lean into the controls like the stander. So I have to sit. I might just sell it and buy another stander.
  4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Would it help if you removed the seat?

Is the height adjust 4 Post Pins on the Sentar?

Also what's the blade bolt hole size...I'd like to run Wavy eXmark mulch blades w/the Wright Mulch Kit...From what I understand they only have solid foil lift blades avail...
  5. Hrock

Hrock LawnSite Member

I own the sentar and i love it, its really comfortable, the seat just glides. there isnt no standing though, maybe just for a second here and there to see what you are doing. hight adjust is awsome. I could see why some people like stander, if you want to stand, its the best there is.