Sentar?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whiteclifflawn, May 1, 2005.

1. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I have been looking to trade one of my scag 61" tigers for a Wright Sentar, but just want to know are they as fast, as good of cut, I have heard they have had some reliability probs, they look great on paper, and in the showw room, I just want some feed back.

2. Media Lawnscape

Media Lawnscape LawnSite Member

Personally don't like them at all. I would stick with a real rider if I were you.

Sentars are very uncomfortable machines especially if you are a bigger person.

3. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I'm not huge but I do likw my space, they did seem alittle tight, but I thought it might just be me.

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no complaints. I have been running mine for three seasons now and totally love it. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Comfort has also not been an issue.

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I can cut you a deal on a 2003 61" sentar with 20 hours on it. I bought it spring of 2004. I bought mine for a large account, only to lose it 3 weeks later when the guy died. I was going to replace it with another 52" sentar (since it didn't match the rest of the fleet), but got a deal on a 52" stander so I bought that instead.

I like it. Its got power and will climb any hill you put it on.

The problems were with the original sentars, had a belt and wheel motor mount problem. The sentar II have a completely different belt system and wheel motor mounts, along with monster oversize pumps and motors. Its twice the machine.

6. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

How does a sentar do as far as mulching in the fall with leaves?

7. Itsgottobegreen

Well I never used it in the fall. But if it is like the standers with double gators. Then they are #$%^($&^%*& awesome at mulching leaves.

8. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

just bought one this season for a large account with a 61" sentar and a 48" w/b lesco we can do 90 homes in six hours cuts nice not so comfy after eight hours of mowing im 6'2 and 275 pounds and i have plenty of room to mow my brother is 6'5 and 180 pounds and he doesnt have a problem fiitting either great machine gonna buy another.

9. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

eXmark has the bagging system, how can wright compare as far a leaf collection goes?

10. Itsgottobegreen

The grass gobbler turbo 10 with turbo 10 leafgobbler. About $600 and has no moving parts. It packs leaves better than the regular leafgobbler and grassgobbler combo. I love mine. Its heavy, but bullet proof.