Sentar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Supertiger, May 18, 2007.

1. Supertiger

Supertiger LawnSite Member

Anyone out there with the new Wright Sentar? The little vidio on their web sit shure makes it look like the perfect mower for people who want to sit or stand when they mow. My back is starting to bother me from all the long days on a sit down and think this might be the perfect solution. There are not many dealers out in my area :cry:

2. CustomKare

CustomKare LawnSite Member

The seat arrangenet on the Sentar is not your sollution. With no back support you would be better with a Ztr

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Before you get the Sentar you might try a sulkie if you have WB.....I am not sure you will be happy standing on the Sentar since it is a rough rider. The seat is okay and our older guys use it but they are under 35.

4. Supertiger

Ive never owned anything but Exmark Lazers and im just ready to try something differant, it would seem nice to be able to stand a while when you back end gets sore. I mow a lot of large properties that take 4 and 5 hours non stop with 3 exmarks and the pot holes are starting to kill me, i know where all the ruff stuff are and i wish i could just stand up when i get to them.

5. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

I have a 61 and the best thing about it is being able to stand or brace for the holes and bumps. It's nice to be able to stand when your backs getting tired but I haven't been able to stand for more than a few minutes. IMO it's not well suited for long periods of standing but if your back is taking a beating this would be the machine to help. I mow some treacherous, steep terrain and I can't imagine doing it on a regular Z.

6. Supertiger

It is good to just be able to jump offthe back if you get into trouble on hills. ive turned my exmark Explorer over twice in 9 years of mowing and if it wasnt for the controls being between my legs i would of been traped on it as it went over.