SEO NOT doing what I PAID to have it do

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Apr 2, 2014.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

so I had a new website done a couple months ago for some 2600 bucks which I was told included a quite comprehensive SEO package along with the web design. I am a ghost... nothing. Sometimes I can find myself on page 6 or 7 of google. I have access to the dashboard of the site. is there anything I can do on my own or am I screwed?
    This time of year people are looking but they sure are not seeing me.
    any help appreciated.

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Is it a Wordpress dash board?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

yes............

4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Is the web company still actively doing anything or has it been done, closed out, and turned over to you for the long-term?

Feel free to shoot me a pm with info on what they were supposed to do and I'll do some digging. A couple of minutes and I can build a picture for you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Google this ....Yoast....
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

I have no clue tony. im starting to think I might be on my own unless the guy is laid up or something. ive called twice and no response... I provided a list of search terms and was assured I would rank on the first page for all of them..... yeah right

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  7. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Sometimes things take time to see results, especially if in a competitive market, and/or a brand new domain. Some online marketers follow a methodology that they find produces the best, long-term results for them, which is most definitely not an overnight thing. If, say $1500 of that was earmarked for SEO-related work, you're likely better off seeing that utilized as part of a 2 or 3 month plan of attack, rather than the same amount of work being done in week 1.

Your gut-instinct is probably right, especially with the guarantees made, but if the site is solid and they did some of the heavy-lifting, you can probably make some "easy" on and off-site seo improvements to get on track.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

yeah idk. last I talked to him he said sometimes it takes a while for it to spider? but I should see good results in a couple weeks. that was more than a couple weeks ago. the site came out nice but its doing me no good, if it were only 500 bucks then id say oh well but its a lot of $$$ for me.

9. 360lawncare

360lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Takes time... The best thing is to driver traffic to your site the more people search for it the better Google will rank it. I know guys who don't do any seo stuff and have a first page ranking just because they are busy and people are looking them up on the Internet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

Can I drive all over creation and search my site with my cell phone? Will that work?