SEO NOT doing what I PAID to have it do

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Apr 2, 2014.

1. webeminence

webeminence LawnSite Member

I think someone mentioned installing the Yoast plugin. That makes it easy to type in Title tags and Descriptions for pages. Then another thing to do is add keywords in image file names and Alt tags. Making sure keywords are in content and H1 tags is important too. Those are the basics of on-page optimization.

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

So as to avoid leaving this open to unnecessary calorie-burning, I don't believe I'm speaking out of turn by saying that the web "designer" has been located, communicated with, and is now continuing to work his...uhh...magic. I spent a pretty good chunk of my time helping figure this mess out, but it is now one of those "it is what it is" scenarios.

Editorialization:
    The only person I would recommend hire webv5 to perform web design or SEO work would be my competitor. He's an embarrassment to the industry.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Also, never ever never ever never ever let your web guy own your domain name. If something goes South, you're especially stuck. If you're entertaining the possibility of having a web site created, go to Namecheap or GoDaddy and register your domain name yourself.

4. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry but that is so important I wanted to repeat it in larger text.

Please everyone listen to this. You MUST get your domain name yourself. Don't ever think about letting your web designer do it.