SEO .. Top Search Rank ... Greatest Enemy / Threat ?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by mdvaden, Feb 19, 2014.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I've considered it. Not sure how to do it without possible consequences though. Most of my signatures in forums, and blog replies, all include links directly to that one main redwood page. I get ad revenue from Google, and the code is all embedded in the current page and offshoots. If I replicate the content at a separate domain, concerned the duplicate content might bite me ...

When I first started the redwood page, pages, I had no idea the degree to which it would grow, the reputation I would gain along the redwood coast, or the networking that would surface with researchers, those needing guides, photographers, publications, etc.. Had I known, I would certainly have started with a redwood domain.

A lot of the better DOT COM redwood names are already used-up. But it may be worth picking up one domain name for a single page, and having it point to my Facebook, own redwood pages, and a select number of web resources.

2. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

I would consult with an expert on this- maybe you are leaving a bunch of $$ on the table.

Tony- can you 301 just certain pages of a domain to a new domain?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually got some expert website folks in the family who specialize in sites, code, SEO, etc..

But thought maybe I should hint that my trips to the redwood coast every 4 to 6 weeks get funded through some means. I won't share exactly what I get from Google, but it's not like the redwood pages being in the back room of my arborist / landscape site have hindered a substantial amount of traffic.