SEO Website help

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Mxrider52, Mar 2, 2011.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Have you used Bluehost? If so, what are your thoughts?

2. nr7pro

nr7pro LawnSite Member

No experience with bluehost, I took a close look not too long ago,
    but they only offered 1 plan, so I moved on at the time.

I hate switching hosting companies, Its crazy with some of the things I've put up,
    (hack attacks due to hosting company's security issues) just because it takes hours
    to move sites. All my sites are database driven. Fun stuff.

3. Mxrider52

Mxrider52 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Thanks for the help. I started looking at the weebly site some more and I assume I can set a site description to each page I have? I thought I could only do one site description. Hell I dont know. I dont know much about all this SEO stuff.

What kind of descriptions do you all have?

4. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

i used to host a forum on bluehost, but they cost a lot more than my regular hosting service, so i moved it.

i'll post my description when i get back to my computer later, but i think it's something like "carolina organic lawns provides natural lawn care services to residents of raleigh, cary, apex, and holly springs, north carolina."

5. Ted at HindSite

Ted at HindSite Inactive

Mxrider52 - it's not just site descriptions and the meta keywords, though those are important. SEO also looks at things like what are your webpage titles, and what are the headlines (the <h1> text) on your website. Make sure all images have titles too (the <alt> description). And it'll look at the actual text on your pages, so make sure you say things like "We provide the lawn care services for the Raleigh metro"... and then link to a Google map of your shop.

If you have a way of getting other websites to link to yours, that's huge. So, for example, if you do work for a church get them to put a link "Yard Maintenance provided by...".

Lastly, if you have the time to update content regularly, that helps too. So if you can post new pictures, or customer comments, or something along those lines as you get them, it's a Good Thing.

Hope that helps!