Lawn Care Forum banner

seo

24K views 43 replies 12 participants last post by  tonygreek 
#1 ·
alright I have figured out I don't know what I'm doing and don't have the time most of all. Who should I pay do do my SEO.

#2 ·
I've been using virsa marketing http://www.virsamarketing.com/ for a couple of years now - they are in chapel hill and i'm in raleigh - and they have put me at #1 on google (google organic lawn care raleigh and see if I come up) and also managed my adwords campaign last fall. I was getting 4 or 5 calls a day.

If you give them a call ask for Erick and tell them Jon from Carolina Organic Lawns sent you. He's a nice guy (I do his lawn) and really knows his stuff.

#4 ·
When you say you figured out you don't know what you're doing, would you mind clarifying this a bit? What have you tried, not tried, found not to work, etc? I ask because, going back to when you originally asked for advice in early Spring, it doesn't look like you've implemented any of the basic suggestions we gave.

As a heads up, legitimate, dedicated SEO services are not inexpensive. They require a solid game plan and budget. If it's a $9.99, $29.99, $49.99 Bronze/Silver/Gold type of package, you are likely following a very wrong path.

#6 ·
tony I should be doing what some of y'all said when I first got it up on wen. I have registered it with a bunch of places. I had to fire someone early this year and hired a few idiots that didn't workout as well. All this on top of a 14 mo old that has had three broken femurs. (she has a brittle bone problem no I don't beat her.) I have been reading on here and I will do what I can and get y'all to look back over it and make a decision the first of the year. was JW what it would hit me.

#7 ·
if you haven't made up your mind you should really talk to my guy.. Its a one time fee, packages start at $1,999 and go up from there. You get to pick 7-10 keyword phrases and they generate backlinks, write blogs, submits to public forums and ect.. they do all the work to get you on the first page of google so that you don't need to be spending $100 a month on addwords.. This guy is real good and you can call all the companies they have done work for in the past and are still on the first page way after he finished.. Usually takes 80-100 days for the site to make its way towards the first page.. Tell him lee kendall sent you.. His name is Rich from eliteSEOmarketing ... his number is 866-930-0367 www.eliteseomarketing.com

#8 ·
if you haven't made up your mind you should really talk to my guy.. Its a one time fee, packages start at $1,999 and go up from there. You get to pick 7-10 keyword phrases and they generate backlinks, write blogs, submits to public forums and ect.. they do all the work to get you on the first page of google so that you don't need to be spending $100 a month on addwords..
A couple of questions...

To clarify, you use this company and paid them that fee? If so, after going through your site, pulling some search ranks, looking at your currently running AdWords ad, and cross-referencing the standard citation services, I have some follow up questions.

#10 ·
There is no one who knows better than Tony on this forum about all things web.

That said if you want a free backlink you can create one at our site ServiceVines.com and list your services free. Also we have a cool measure it tool for your iphone (link in sig) or web based version of the tool servicevines.com/jobs/measureit

#12 ·
There is no one who knows better than Tony on this forum about all things web.

That said if you want a free backlink you can create one at our site ServiceVines.com and list your services free. Also we have a cool measure it tool for your iphone (link in sig) or web based version of the tool servicevines.com/jobs/measureit
Thanks for the compliment, Phil. Now, if you don't mind, I'll kindly ask you to get back to working on the Android version of your app. I pre-ordered the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and would prefer to play with it on that and my phone than the girlfriend's iphone and ipad. :)

#14 ·
in response to your comment about checking out my site stats.. Everything that you currently see is stuff that I have done, along with the add-word campaign.. I just signed up with the SEO company, should start seeing results after thanksgiving due to the little competition.. I was just throwing out a company name for the guy to look into.. I have been looking into the company for 1 year now and finally pulled the trigger after making sure it was the best choice for my company. They have a A on BBB and he will give you a list of about 15 companies that you can call as a ref.. along with talk to you on the phone for hours and tell you every detail that you could possibly know.. just trying to help out!

#15 ·
I just signed up with the SEO company, should start seeing results after thanksgiving due to the little competition.. I was just throwing out a company name for the guy to look into..
Thanks for the clarification, lkendall. Your original post read more as you're a satisfied client and less as someone who just hired them.

There have been several people who have posted on here, or pm'd me, asking for input on what their SEO company is really achieving for them. Of those, a few were paying $150-$700/month, being strung along, and actually had nothing accomplished. Jut wanted to make sure this wasn't a path you were going down.

#16 ·
Thanks for the clarification, lkendall. Your original post read more as you're a satisfied client and less as someone who just hired them.

There have been several people who have posted on here, or pm'd me, asking for input on what their SEO company is really achieving for them. Of those, a few were paying $150-$700/month, being strung along, and actually had nothing accomplished. Jut wanted to make sure this wasn't a path you were going down.
Or even worse, like do something that will get you black listed in the long run :dizzy:

#18 ·
yeah sorry about that, I realized how it sounded after I posted.. Just wanted to pass along someones name that is in the SEO business and has a good reputation..
No worries. Would love to hear how your experience goes.

If people didn't notice, 2 post were deleted from this thread due to the creation of accounts to tout "their SEO guy". lol

#19 ·
No worries. Would love to hear how your experience goes.

If people didn't notice, 2 post were deleted from this thread due to the creation of accounts to tout "their SEO guy". lol
There is no doubt that Google indexes this site vary rapidly. I think content is king with Google. If I spent as much time writing for my website as I do posting here then would rank much better. :laugh:

#21 ·
There is no doubt that Google indexes this site vary rapidly. I think content is king with Google. If I spent as much time writing for my website as I do posting here then would rank much better. :laugh:
lol You're depressingly accurate. It's amazing what a person's output level can be if it's required vs. done in one's "free" time, even if it is very similar content. To post here is really only a notch different than generating content for your own site, but what fun is that?

#23 ·
wow....i've been getting prices like $400-1000 per month to do my SEO. one place told me they don't go near companies who dont spend at least $10,000 PER MONTH on SEO. HA!

i just stopped using my old SEO company that was charging me $400/month, but they had just created a bunch of duplicate pages stuffed with keywords and put that on my website. i believe that will make google unhappy in the long run. what i really need is an SEO outfit to do backlinks, write press releases, basically do some PR on behalf of my site. i can't believe what's happened to SEO monthly pricing.....

jim

#24 ·
wow....i've been getting prices like $400-1000 per month to do my SEO. one place told me they don't go near companies who dont spend at least $10,000 PER MONTH on SEO. HA!

i just stopped using my old SEO company that was charging me $400/month, but they had just created a bunch of duplicate pages stuffed with keywords and put that on my website. i believe that will make google unhappy in the long run. what i really need is an SEO outfit to do backlinks, write press releases, basically do some PR on behalf of my site. i can't believe what's happened to SEO monthly pricing.....

jim
a.) at least you recognized you hired a less than reputable company and got out before spending any more money.

b.) no, those prices you list are not out of line by any means, as long as they're doing legitimate work. time is money, and good seo takes time. the key is being on top of what they're doing and legitimately providing for your site's best interest. there are several instances on here where people recommend "their seo guy" and one look at their site tells me they're getting hosed. if you're going to take someone's money like that, at least create plausible deniability by doing the most basic things. empty [H] and [TITLE] tags are kinda noticeable...

#26 ·
what i really need is an SEO outfit to do backlinks, write press releases, basically do some PR on behalf of my site. i can't believe what's happened to SEO monthly pricing.....
Yes, very nice site. Have you looked at any of the services that build citations for you? Whitespark.com has a very interesting local citation building service. I believe you pay $4 per citation created.

For local SEO, it seems difficult to farm out link building (not citations) without paying for a bunch of garbage links. Local SEO needs local links or links from quality sites in our industry. Right now, this usually means having a blog and/or contributing to others blogs. Maybe do some reading on the SEO sites about using blogs for SEO?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.