1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sep and Nov

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mak2, Aug 27, 2006.

1. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

This is my first year with my liscense and have about a half dozen fertilizer accounts from this spring. I have about a 10 acre mowing account that is mostly grass, but has a LOT of broadleaves of all descriptions. The guy wants to sell the property next year. I have sold him on the idea Sep adn Nov are the big times to fertilize and do something about the weeds for next year. What lesco products do you guys reccommed . All I have right now is the big lesco walk behind spreader.:confused:
  2. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

i'd smoke the broadleafs now and renovate in the fall. November i'm going out with eithier earthworks or anything w/ mesa, it's a very good n source.
  3. mak2

By smoke them do you mean a round up type product?
  4. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

What he means is he would would use a selective post emergent broad-leaf weed control and then use a quality slow release fall fertilizer. What your question means is that you have no business applying pesticides for hire, you clearly do not know what you are doing.
  5. mak2

Thanks smart azz, that is why I asked.
  6. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Use 3way or Momentum FX from Lesco for weeds. Liquid if possible. If you have to use gran. you can buy Momentum in bags but you'll have to apply when the grass is wet and no rain is expected for a while. The results also will not be quite as good as you would get with liquid. It would probably take 2 full days to spray 10 acres with a backpack sprayer though.

Cemars, lighten up I have seen far dumber questions than his! :hammerhead: :dizzy: