Separate forum?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by AUHort1990, Dec 8, 2005.

1. AUHort1990

AUHort1990 LawnSite Member

Is there any way or would anyone else be interested in a separate forum for people who do not own their own landscape buisiness ie. city, state employees or university employees? I for one work as a Landscape Production Manager for a state agency in Alabama and alot of the information or questions are for the buisiness aspect of landscaping or landscape management. I am just looking to see how many people would be interested to even see if its worth the owners time to add the forum. Thanks.

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I'll jump in on this. I would like it as well. There are some aspect that are fairly unique to landscape/grounds managment for Public stuff and schools.

Maybe there are a few others out there...

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I agree and think its a great idea

4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

I heartily concur with marc and I think the idea is spectacular

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

what should the forum be called and where should we place it? I'm game...

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

buisiness aspect of landscaping

and place ity as a "sub" forum in the landscape forum

7. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

The one mentioned above, and Working in the landscaping Industry or Careers in the landscaping industry, or something similar might be a good choice to consider as a sub forum.

8. MarcSmith

But we are not looking for a career section. we already have the career, those of us that do work in schools Universities, or other public use lands, have unique challenges.... For example. all of my chemical works needs to be done at night, and I can'r un equipment prior to 8am...

Public Grounds Mangement......?

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Public Grounds & Athletic Fields Management

BTW You might want to consider a Golf Course forum also. However their are a few of those already. Just might want to incorporate Golf Course in with this idea also.

There are many legal and bureaucratic issues that could be discussed in this Forum. It might give lurkers an Idea of some of the issues of public bidding.

10. MarcSmith

nice topic ric....I agree withthe golf addition as well....