Separate phone line?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stick9, Oct 8, 2000.

1. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

I know this sounds crazy, but how many people DO NOT have a designated phone line for their business(ie. main home phone takes BOTH business and personal calls). Obviously, this is aimed towards the people who run the company from their home. Also, how imperative is it to have caller ID if you do not have a telephone specifically for work or private calls?

STICK-NinE

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I have a 2nd line in my home as a ring plus number. I have been using my nextel more and more and may convert that to my regular business phone, just not sure yet.

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

If you have a yellow page ad (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) you have to have abusiness line. The cost for the "business" line in my area is around $80.00 per month. It is in my house along with my personal line, both have caller I.D. which really comes in handy when you don't want to talk to the caller.

Homer

4. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

This may sound funny but I use a cell phone for business. The new digital phones come in as good as a land line, plus voice mail and caller id are standard. I never miss messages, can access them in my truck, and can make calls from my truck. Basically I have a virtual office when you add in the lap top.

5. sunrise

sunrise Banned

we have 3 lines into the house
    1. personal
    2. bussiness
    3. fax/computer (teen line $15.00 a month)

plus 2 cellar phones with 500 hr. per month per phone $39.00 for both

[Edited by sunrise on 10-08-2000 at 11:03 AM]

6. Bubba5

Bubba5 LawnSite Member

500 hours per month? or 500 minutes? if its hours let me know who you're getting it from,i want some of that!

7. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

2nd phone line for the puter, fax on each line, pager and cell phone. All of this is surprisingly affordable.

8. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing LawnSite Member

We use the personal line for business, have a second line for computer/fax. We also use a cell phone a lot.

Paul

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I'm with you on that deal too. Tell us more Sunrise, because even 1000 minutes for that price is good. We have 2 cell phones, a regular phone line and we use DSL for the puter. With all these posts every day I needed to load them as fast as possible so I have time to read them all. ;)

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I have 2 numbers on one phone. 1 rings diferently. No extra charge. Call forwarding etc. I love caller id. A call out of my service are I don't usually answer. Usually can tell by the prefexes. Call by a long winded customer I dont answer if its at a bad time( like when I am eating). I wish I had that great deal on a cell phone like above. I get 200 free min for 35$. They have unlimited for 49$ with altel