September 11

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by WALKER LANDSCAPE, Sep 8, 2007.

1. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys I know its early but just a reminder. This Tuesday is a day we should all take a minute of our busy lives and remember the many unsung heroes that gave their lives to save those they swore to protect. :usflag:
    God bless them and their families, and those that are fighting over on the other side of the world. God bless them and thanks.:usflag: UUURAHH

2. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, and well said.
    Semper Fi.
    Dave

3. newdude

newdude LawnSite Member

if only we could get it off for school :) :) my thoughts will be with them :usflag:

4. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

if only we could get it off for school :) :)
    man that should be the LAST thing on your mind. I still remember exactly where I was, the exact SPOT I was standing in and what I was doing when the folks on the radio said that a plane had hit the first tower and that it looked like a freak accident. I remember then feeling sick to my stomach all day the rest of the day and just emotionally drained the rest of the week. it is too bad that we here in the country have so soon forgotten the magnitude of this ATTACK ON OUR HOME SOIL!!! NOt six years after the fact we are back to partisan politics and pointing fingers. yes I am for an immediate withdrawal of all US Personel from the Middle East...right before we drop the biggest nuke the world has ever known right in the middle of them!! God bless America and our troops and here's to hoping this country can get its head screwed on straight and get back to the nation of morals that it once was!!:usflag:

5. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I will never, ever forget that day. I was out driving around doing sales work. When I heard the news on the radio, I pulled into a mall and watched the whole thing on a big screen TV at Sears. Those images will stay in my mind and heart forever.

6. GLLawns

GLLawns LawnSite Member

I was driving for FedEx at the time and had just walked into a customers business right after the first plane hit. Could not take my eyes off the tv they had on in the office. I remember getting emergency dispatches over our radios and computers in our trucks telling us to stop delivering and return to stations immediately. Probably the only time in companies history to be completely shut down due to security and emotional concerns. Drivers and management were almost all in tears and know one had any idea what to do. We were shut down for the rest of the week due to flight shutdowns and security concerns.

7. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I was playing golf, I just made the turn after 9, pulled into the clubhouse for soda, and saw everyone huddled around the tv.

All i saw on tv was the WTC on fire. The guys in the clubhouse said a plane hit WTC, so I finished the back 9.

Little did I know, the world had changed that day.

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

I will never forget all the helpless lives lost on that day. My heart goes out to all who are serving our country.

God Bless America

9. lawnmowertech37

lawnmowertech37 LawnSite Member

Well said the problem with America is congress politics etc. they want to take prayer and God completely out of public places etc. well congress is not God i hope congress somehow sees this post too cause i am sick of how this country is right now and i know some if not all the members in this post is agree with me on it but to do these things is time for a change a real change to take place i know i was watching TV on that day back in 2001 right before the ems pager went off we had a ems call that day but we need to reflect on that day i also am in the emergency services so it hit home that day for me

10. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

This is from a post in our Networking thread. I did this today. Got few waves from people passing by. But as I was looking at houses while going in between lawns, I was just shocked at how many people actually DO NOT have any flags up. Not just today but all the time as well.

I was just getting ready to leave to get the equipment and something said to turn on the tv. Needless to say I did not cut that day at all. The next day the flag was on the truck for the next 3 years.

JP