September Sales

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Sep 26, 2008.

How's biz lately? (you can choose more than one)

Poll closed Oct 6, 2008.
  1. Year-to-Date Sales less than last year.

5 vote(s)
  2. Year-to-Date Sales up from last year.

7 vote(s)
  3. Same Month Sales up from same month last year.

5 vote(s)
  4. Same Month Sales similar to last year.

4 vote(s)
  5. Same Month Sales down from last year.

2 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

So how's everyone doing? I am starting to get some interest in demo's, but not as much as I had hope. The landscape industry here is crying about the slowdown on many levels.
  2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Its been slow but not bad. Our home and garden show is today through sunday so i think that will really pick up.
  3. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

All good here at Unique!!! Cranking away! 24v is blowing up!!!
  4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Zero complaints here. September is one of the slower sales months as everyone heads out of our area and back to their "real lives". But this gives us a chance to breathe again, catch up on service work and take a bit of time off after the summer. It's an annual thing which I have come to appreciate.

YTD over 2007 is WAY up.

Time to book those last few installations in before the snow starts flying, then it is full bore on developing the LED distribution biz this coming winter.
  5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Christmas light closes are up from last year, and landscape lighting was nil from sept 1-now. luckily we start hanging Christmas lights on sept 15 or this month would be a dud.
  6. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

I've had an absolutely stellar September. YTD is still down over 07, but this month has given several NICE jobs. H&P show next week along with 20,000 mailers. Should be a good 4th quarter.
  7. Mike M

from usa

I'm waiting for a couple of prospective clients to give me demo dates. It's like the earth is standing still.

And this whole economy thing is cracking me up. It's like Y2K all over again. Time to go buy a bunch of shotgun shells and load the closet with canned pasta.

Anyone remember the episode on Taxi where Rev Jim (Christopher Lloyd) had a pantry full of spaghettio's?
  8. EOL

EOL LawnSite Member

I'm just glad I got through August. I guess it was because we are still in a drought out here in the hill country and nobody wanted to be outside at all. Well now that it is pretty pleasant here at night now ranging between 65 and 75 degrees at night more people are beginning to venture outside to enjoy the the outdoors. September picked up for me. Just yesterday the beginning of the month I closed on 3 lighting jobs. Yea hoo!!!
  9. Mike M

from usa

10. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Been deader than a sack of hammers here. Phone hasn't rung for well over a month.