Sequence of Events

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gator-town, Apr 30, 2004.

1. gator-town

gator-town LawnSite Member
    from bfe

With the vast amount of experience on this board I would like to know what you have found to be the best sequence for mow jobs ... I am asking this because I am beginning to reconsider the sequence that I do my jobs ... normal job sequence has been mowing, string trim, edge, and blow ... With bahia lawns this has worked well in the past ... With more and more construction going up, and the desire for a more manucured lawn, St. Augustine has become the lawn of choice ... Edging runners back up on a freshly cut lawn, and blowing them into an abscure place (if possible) is becoming very time consuming ... For right now I will change my sequence to edge, then mow for St. Augustine, but if there is something I have not considered, and you feel you have a better formula to follow, please advise ... Thanks .

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Mow, trim , blow, no reason to make this mind-bending

3. gator-town

gator-town LawnSite Member
    from bfe

my intension was to not to bend anyones mind ... information only :confused:

4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

if your edging causes you to have extra clippings on the lawns that are hard to get rid of, then i would say the solution is easy. Edge, mow, trim, blow. If trimming is leaving too much clippings as well then edge, trim, mow, blow. Basically, put mowing after any thing that creates clippings and leaves the lawn less than what you desire it to be. That is my opinion.

5. win1free

win1free LawnSite Member

gator-town,

Once you learn your accounts and know what needs to be trimmed; edge first, trim second what you know the mower will not cut, third mow which will cut up all the edging and trimming clippings and blow fourth the remaining clippings off.

Troy

6. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

I don't do any edging, but it has always been my practice to trim (clippings back onto the lawn) mow and blow

7. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

We always trim first, mowing helps to pick up the nasty looking clippings

8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I have never ran across any clippings after trimming or edging that were big enough to mess with. I mow first, trim, then edge, then blow. Once every other month or so I switch it around one time and trim and edge everything first just in case for some reason I ever need to I know the quickest way to complete the trimming and edging. It keeps things interesting in an otherwise repetitive job.

9. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

Edge, trim, mow, and blow. This cuts up large clippings and makes it easier to mow the corners.

10. howiehowie

howiehowie LawnSite Member

Blow n go! :eek: