serial numbers key?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by phale50, Sep 28, 2005.

1. phale50

phale50 LawnSite Member

I am new to this forum and have already gathered a lot of great information about Hustler machines. I am considering a Fastrak and would like to know if the serial number of a recently manufactured one can be used to determine the date it was produced (year and month). Thanks,

Phil

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes.
    The first 4 digits will tell you the year and month it was made.
    0509 would be "05" = year (2005) "09" = month (September)

Pj

3. phale50

phale50 LawnSite Member

Pj,
    Thanks for the info. I sent you an email; please reply as soon as you can.

phale50

4. rcubid

rcubid LawnSite Member

That would indicate the new Fastak that I recently picked up was built in August 2004. Any major differences between it and newer units? Mine does not have the bigger deck cutout or pully changes, but does have the tire sealant.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

That would be the only changes, and your dealer can take care of that before it leaves the store if you like.

Pj

6. rcubid

rcubid LawnSite Member

I already picked up my mower but wouldn't of mind having the deck/pulley mods done beforehand. I asked my dealer about them when I purchased the mower and he said that he had not heard of any complaints on the units without the changes and didn't offer to make any.

I also had the dealer install a mulch kit before I picked it up - wouldn't that kit have also had to change?

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

In different parts of the country we never hear of any complaints, some places we do though, and that is why we made changes.
    The mulch kit you have will work with the wider opening, you would need to bolt in a adapter plate to make it work, the new mulch kits are a exact fit with no adapter.

Pj

8. Winsurfer76

Winsurfer76 LawnSite Member

Pj,

What kind of deck/pulley mods do the new Fastraks have? I purchased mine in August 04, so I'm curious what was done to make a great mower better.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Different pulleys for a faster blade tip speed and a wider discharge opening for a better dispersal in wet or tough conditions.

Pj