Serious problems with brand new skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jbailey52, Nov 4, 2012.

1. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

you're doing the right thing, but now you got us wondering what brand? :laugh:

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I say Raccoon skid steer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Its definitely a skat trak
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. bobcat_ron

But I would sh!t my pants laughing if it was a Bobcat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Being a landscaper, I would say ASV/CAT MTL or Ditch Witch multifunction backhoe track loader. Those DW machines sound like they have a lot of hyd hose issues.

6. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I don't understand the reluctance to give up a brand name. It's not throwing them under the bus.. it's facts. Maybe someone with similar experience can point to a fix to solve the problems.

Back when my Toolcat was a fairly new piece of machinery my dealer's service department didn't have a lot of experience troubleshooting a particular problem. It took me posting on another forum to get some ideas of where I could look. This was after I spent about $600 at the dealer fixing a component that turned out not to be the problem. Since I kind of led the dealer down that road with what "I thought", I didn't ask them for a refund. Had I been more diligent in searching out the problem, I would have saved myself $600 and about two years of living with a problem. Even Bobcat Technical support was a mile off on their diagnosis of "what it could be" via email. After a few posts online, I got ideas of where to look and found a simple answer to why my machine was leaning. The part was about $10 of my time... :hammerhead:

7. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it's a JCB??????

8. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Yes it is a JCB and it may come across the wrong way but why would anyone want one.LOL

9. bobcat_ron

I'm leaning towards the Ditch Witch compact tracked loader backhoe unit, neat little unit, but there's a lot of complex electronics and hydraulics squeezed in them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

So do you really think he would have bought one and not posted pictures of it? He has pics of his shiny new JCB and stated he loves it!:drinkup: