Serious problems with brand new skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jbailey52, Nov 4, 2012.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

as you may know this Ford did the same thing to me with our LCF switch-n-go truck. the big manufactures are so scared to death to help anyone out because the higher ups want every unit's bottom line to look good and fixing/replacing units that are already sold doesn't help that. the best thing you can do is raise as big a stink as possible (contact your tv station etc) and honestly telling us on lawnsite and other boards (since we all are very likely to let this lack of service sway us on future purchases)

2. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey everyone,
    So we are a month since the initial post and I figured you guys should know the turnout of this situation, since this thread has over 11,000 views.
    Well briefly speaking with the JCB representative Bob from Maryland a few weeks back, he took my info and problems and said he would talk to management and would get back to me. That has not happened. I then asked my dealer to have him contact me, since I did not get his direct contact when we spoke. My dealer Contacted him and said he was on a week vacation (2 weeks ago) but would get a hold of me in the next couple days. ( it has been 12 days since that email). I guess it is important to know how you are treated after the sale. I do feel the dealer has helped me out... i.e. giving me machines to use while mine was being towed away and repaired, but I feel the manufacturer could not care less about a small company who bought one machine. I do think they are missing the scope of my concerns reaching the purchasing public on here.

I hope this whole ordeal benefits someone on here.

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Well I guess JCB is proving me wrong. I really thought they would step up. Maybe try a different point of contact at JCB.

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

their website has been deleted from my favorites list. also, will no longer mention their machines when discussing tlb's. the 2cx was one I was considering for replacing the bobcat. don't they use lucas electronics? lol

5. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you have a positive outcome.

I would have figured they would have stepped up to the plate given their newfound stated concentration on the North American SSL market.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

That was the basis for my optimism as well.

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I would now start a thread on several forums with JCB in the title so that Google and the other search engines will properly find it so that it will show up in searches. Right now it is just a blip on the radar.

8. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess its hard to change a leopard's spots.

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Yea I would dial up the pressure.

10. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Like the saying goes, squeaky wheel gets the grease. I would call them every day talk to whoever and annoy the crap out of them. Hassle them enough online and to their face and things will get done. Definitely surprised that jcb blew you off like that, I have never been a fan but have a friend whose much larger company was looking to get away from cat and go to jcb I guess I will have to give him a call before he makes a big mistake.
    Posted via Mobile Device