Serious problems with brand new skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by jbailey52, Nov 4, 2012.

1. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I was actually looking at a JCB backhoe. Not anymore!

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't jcb stand for junk coming from Britain?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

EDIT- I had another acronym that I thought better of leaving. Pretty common around here. I'll give the last two. Contractors Backhoe. The first one I'm not gonna say but they are known to be cheap

4. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea its a real shame. I feel like I have a constant knot in my stomach anytime I think about it. Spent a lot of money on this machine, and it has me thinking its going to cost me tons more, that it shouldnt. I hate feeling taken advantage of.

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You might want to take the machine to a competetive dealer and see how bad it would hurt to trade it out. If its still under warranty, that would be appealing to a salesman selling it. It might be good information to have. Taking your asskicking now might be better than a much more painful asskicking later.

6. alco

alco LawnSite Senior Member

I'm really sorry to hear they're not helping you out on this. I have been looking into micro excavators recently, and JCB was in the running due to there being a dealer in town. Not any more!

Now, before anybody jumps on me for this, let me state up front that it's meant jokingly, but..........have you got fire insurance on that thing?

7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Let me ask is the JCB also the Volvo machine? I like the look of both (door mostly) but if JCB is building the Volvo it doesn't bode we'll for either make.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. Same machines. While the issues with the machines may be the same, the way that Volvo handles a machine/customer concern may be 100% different than the way JCB handles it.

Volvo is just buying the machines from JCB and can most likely handle warranty and product support for their machines as they see fit.

9. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

That was one term, but their skids and CTLs are built in Georgia, and these new machines were supposedly designed from the ground up with the US market in mind.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Ddin't read the whole thread, but I have a JCB 212SU that has been an outstanding machine. Used almost exclusively for plowing, I have lost maybe 3 hours of plowing time in 15 years.