SERIOUSLY. Have you ever hear of breaking a windshield with

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by GreenConcepts, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Link please.

2. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

yea. i'm skeptical too as i'v never seen it, and i use my ac on full blast in michigan heat.

as far as the original post goes, i was gonna say maybe the mower blew a rock. but i think it was mentioned you blow away from thigns with wheels.

i got an interesting call from someone the other day. their car was lightly sideswiped by a trailer a few days ago. her claim is i put a note on one of MY business cards for her to call me so i can give my insurance info

o_O

3. CL&T

CL&T LawnSite Senior Member

That bit of information probably came from the guy who replaced a windshield with cheap Chinese aftermarket glass. It was what the glass guy told him a month later when it cracked again.

4. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris LawnSite Senior Member

One time I broke a windshield with my finger.

5. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

gotta tone down the anger man.

:p

6. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris LawnSite Senior Member

Bahaha bird you nailed it

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The deductible only applies when you are making a claim against your own insurance. They pay 100% when it is someone else making a claim. I accidentally just bumped a parked car with my trailer. The repairs to the car came to just under $500. My insurance paid it without batting an eye. No premium increase either.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Must vary from state to state. My liability coverage has a $500 deductible, which covers any damage we cause. Whether we are claiming or someone else is making a claim against us.

I seldom claim anything until it comes to at least $1,000.

9. GreenConcepts

GreenConcepts LawnSite Member

You are probably correct that it varies from state to state because I know the deductible on my policy must be paid before they pay out. The obvious reason is to prevent frivolous nonsense like this.

I am not trying to sound like a jerk, but you guys telling me that I should weigh paying it vs. losing a contract should rest easy with the knowledge that this is not our first rodeo.

I just thought that the claim by this person was so absurd I had to share it with others. We know how to look at a crack and determine it's relative age and it had been there a while. it was quite dirty and the whole thing was pretty much as it seemed.

10. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

It seems to be unlikely that a blower did it, but it could easily have been a trimmer or mower. The customer would not have noticed until they went to use the car. They don't know what hit it, but it was probably something from a mower or trimmer, and they are just assuming a blower.

I/we have broken 2 glass storm doors (mower, trimmer), my own truck side window (trimmer), and a customer side window (trimmer).