Seriously thinking about returning my new quick 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigw, Jan 12, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know but i am Seriously thinking about returning my new quick 36,i used it today for the first time and i can not stand how hard it is to turn compared to the t-bar hydros.Now i never had a single hydro before but if it dont get any easier to turn after a few more practice runs then im going dual hydro.Any quick 36 owners out there have this problem at first? Am i just being to quick to judge? Like i said this was my first time,please help if you have any opinions!!!!:cry:

2. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

It gets alot easier the more you use it. When I first got my quick I thought I would die trying to turn it. Then I realized that I am trying to turn it with my arms instead of my entire body. After a few days turning it was like second nature. It is just one of those things that you have to get used to doing I guess. I have been nothing but thrilled with the performance of the mower. It would be hard to replace for the price. You will learn to love it.

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

First ...give it some time...Have you even cut grass with it ?? Yes it's a single hydro....but its not a beast and it's very simple to turn. If your having to manhandle to turn it ...somethings wrong..techinique , engine ...something ?...Practice some more and call Gary at BOP and discuss the issues.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm gonna wait and see how this thread progresses.

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Why wait ??? come on add some more fuel

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

A T-bar hydro is a custom machine, all production Hydro Toros come with pistol grips or the T-2.

As for turning, so long you're fighting the machine you might need more practice, a Hydro Toro will fight you too if you so decide.

7. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

I bought a Hustler Super Mini Z and I used a 21" also. I needed to get something bigger than the 21". I really didn't have time to demo any other mowers but I ended up getting a Hustler Hydro 37".

The machine was built like a tank and I got a really good deal on it but it was too long and scalped too much. So I returned it and traded it in on a Hustler Trimstar Hydro. I could not be happier with the way it handles and how easy it is to use. It also cuts well.

Demo a Hustler Hydro Trimstar I don't think you will be disappointed with it. I'm sure the other brands are fine too but I don't have any experience with them so I can't comment on them.

I love my Trimstar.:clapping:

Dave...

8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I only have one thing to say, 48" bobcat hydro with Z controls.

9. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Just practice with it, I think its easier to turn then most dual hydros, well at least it doesn't tear the grass as easy. Like someone stated above don't turn it with your hands and arms, use your body.

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing is easier then dual hydros, end of story.