Server Busy......ALWAYS!

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by PlatinumLandCon, Oct 17, 2007.

1. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do I get a notice that the server is too busy, try again later almost every time I try to click something or post a reply.

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Mostly at night right

3. PlatinumLandCon

I actually tried to post this thread since 4 this afternoon.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

It's every night @ about 7 - 8:30 for me.

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike, or MODS
    Are there any plans to upgrade the severs for less "down" time or time that they are busy?

6. PlatinumLandCon

I agree with super grassy. We're at 2 million posts and 62000 members and its looking like the server is getting maxed. What is the capacity of the server anyways?

7. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

i dont think anybody looks at the Server Busy post because its been going on for a long time and nothing done yet.i get it every night and late in the day.as much as these sites bring in and stuff it should not be a problem to do a upgrade.

8. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

the server itself probably doesn't need an upgrade. It's the way the webserver is configured. With the amount of hits this site gets, I hope it's' on a dedicated server and not a shared box.

9. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry guys - I haven't been ignoring you, I have been checking into this and we are seing what can be done to make things run smoother - lot of people, lot of activity so we are trying to see what our best option is....focusing on it through the weekend and will let you know....in the meantime, I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

10. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the update Sean.