Server Busy Problem - Read Please

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

First, I genuinely want to apologize for the problems some people have been having lately with the site. We looked into everything to see if there was a problem or a glitch, etc...

Fact is, LawnSite.com has grown by 50% over the last 3 months - which is a good thing - but also a load of people, searching, posting, etc,... that proved to be too much for our server we have now.

So we are in fact getting a newer, bigger, more powerful server. The changes are beginning as we speak and in short time the problem should be solved. The estimation is that by the middle of next week everything should be complete.

So please bear with us as we make this change and improvement - and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause anyone in the mean time.

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

K Sean......You are good to us.

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Sean, You Da Man :drinkup:

4. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Sean, you guys are awesome!!:clapping: :clapping:

5. Xterminator

Xterminator LawnSite Senior Member

Keep it up. I'm fairly new, and Love the site My Wife hates it though

6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Sounds good! Thanks Sean.

7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto (especially the wife part) :confused:

8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Sean, has your administrator narrowed down what was over loading? Often you can tweak the settings of Vbulletin and your MySQL database to handle more connections.

I always figured it was a MySQL connection overload, which can be fixed by reconfiguring it.

9. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

Lawnsite's brokedown

10. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

The problem is not with the number of connections that the database can handle, but rather with disk IO and memory. We will therefore get a more powerful server and move LawnSite on it as soon as possible.

Don't worry, I've done almost everything possible to optimize LawnSite and its current server :). However, the site's needs have now outgrown the capacity of the server, which is why we're getting a new box.