Server busy

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by D Felix, Jan 26, 2005.

1. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know if it matter's but I got two or three "server busy" messages in a row a few minutes ago.
    168 users online
    1:47 PM (GMT-5)

I was trying to view the pictures on this thread when I got the messages:

Speaking of which, can the options be set to open attachments (pictures) in a new window, please?

2. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Just right click and select open in new window.
  3. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I do. But it's annoying as h*ll....

I haven't been on Arboristsite much recently, but after they changed to the new software, I think the attachments would open in the same window. I think a Pierre was able to change something to make them automatically open in a new window. That's what I'm asking for.:)

4. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

Thanks for reporting the "server too busy" error, Dan - and please let me know if you get any other.

As for opening attachments in a new window, I did the change at ArboristSite because it was requested by a few members, and it used to work that way if I recall correctly. If several members at LawnSite request the change, I'll be glad to make it, but otherwise, I prefer to leave it as is since users are used to the current system and some may prefer it that way.
  5. Mats

Mats LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it is annoying, isn't it? Well, this is another reason to try the Firefox web browser. Tabbed browsing is one of its many features. A right mouse-click allows you to open the page or image in a new tab. You don't have to start up another Internet Explorer 'window', you just move through the tabs in the one instance of Firefox.