1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

server change

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by awm, Nov 21, 2002.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

has any one else noticed it taking longer to post wit this new server. the aborist site changed at the same time and its been taking a long time for post at either site . is this just my system or a site problem. thanks
  2. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

I'm at school right now and posting is very quick; it also is very quick when I am at home. I therefore doubt that the server is the problem, but let's see what other members are experiencing and if there might be an issue with the server, I will gladly investigate it to fix it.

3. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

Posting if fast for me.

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

It varies for me. Some days it is quite quick and other days it is slower then it ever has been.

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

No problems here. Faster than the old server.
  6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Some days fast and others slower than before. Or it acts like it forgot where it was going and kinda goes :dizzy: :dizzy:
    Have to hit refresh to go to where ever I was wanting to go.

Also this weekend both PS and LS have been asking me to log in repeatedly. Probably 10 times combined in the last two days.
  7. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am having the same problem. I am on AOL so maybe it is there problem. I sign off and sign back on and it goes away. It is a sporatic problem.
  8. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

Those who are experincing logging problems, what browsers and OS (with versions) are you using? Do you have cookies enabled?

As for the people who find the site slow sometimes, I just checked and the server load is perfect, almost always under 1 and always under 2 - it used to be around 2.5 and sometimes went up to 10 with the previous server.

Anyway, when you're finding the site slow, please note the exact date and time (including timezone) and either post it here or PM/e-mail me and I'll check if there might have been a problem with the server or its connectivity at that time.

Pierre-Luc Soucy
  9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

My browser is Explorer and OS is Win 98 SE.
    I just looked this morning and enable cookies is clicked yes.

My laptop has Win 95 on it and you have to log on often with it too.

As for the slow speeds more than likely my problem is the slow dial up connection. :dizzy:
  10. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Site is loading almost instantly over here.