Service agreement / Contracts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, May 24, 2005.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Who uses these? Are you guys solo or have crews out running all day? Also do you use these on a residential or commercial accounts? And what is the best way to go about pursauding the person to use a contract? What or how do you state what is what in the contract that both parties agree upon?
  2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

everyone must be under contract. how do you pursuade them? simple, it's company policy, period. what is in them? everything you need, to effectively run YOUR company. my residential contracts are 3 pages long, and cover everything from rainout policy, to scheduling, to payment policy, to property damage, etc.
  3. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Where the hell have you been?
    Have not seen any posts from you in a while. Is everything good?

Contracts/ Service agreements are a must have. They should like Bobby said include everything that pertains to the job(s) that you will be performing and also have the terms of pricing, payment, clause for cancellation yada yada yada. If you do a search you will find many sample agreement's on this site that will help you draft one for yourself.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

everything is good my brotha, been workin like a dog, i'm lookin foward to settling into my regular 3.5 day grass cutting schedule, and fishing for fluke. i should be there by week after next.
  5. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

BG, we missed must be nice to be "to busy" for us...LOL....don't overdo it......welcome back... :D