1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

service agreement in estimates???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CelticGreens, Mar 27, 2005.

1. CelticGreens

CelticGreens LawnSite Member

do any of you guys have the "small writing" on your estimates. where you basically spell everything out. basically you write your terms for the service agreement at the bottom of your estimates? or do you wait until they aprove the estimates and then send them a signature required contract? i have room on my estimates for this, and feel like i should include it.

for those of you that do it, what do you write? can anyone post what they write so i can get an idea? i am not trying to copy you, and i promise i wont, i just need to figure out what needs to be there and what doesn't. thanks for any help.
  2. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I have both, one is for general use like mulch installs and plants exc. and the other full page agreement is for mowing only
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

for mowing my aggreement IS the estimate. If they like it they sign it and send it back.
  4. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

We have two page contracts with 10 font.
  5. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

wow, that would make me feel like I was buying a car, lol
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

some residentials dont like contracts, it states in my estimate, when you sign the estimate, that is the lawn care agreement...

agreements doesnt scare as bad as the word contract.... this is info i read here, i cant say fact or not...

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

When most people ask for an estimate, they really mean they want "the price". My "estimate" form has a place to sign and date down at the bottom. In addition I list how the billing works, so it's all spelled out for them. For your standard mowing account, it doesn't need to be very complicated.

I refer to them as "service agreements", sounds friendlier...
  8. CelticGreens

CelticGreens LawnSite Member

can anyone copy and paste there so i can get an idea of what is needed and what isn't. im not copying, i just want to do it right.
  9. urbanlandscape

urbanlandscape LawnSite Member

I include a contract (which I do call an "Agreement" because it sounds less scary) whenever I send out or present an estimate. That gives potential clients an opportunity to agree with everything I have set out. Then, make adjustments after that. Guerilla marketing principles, give them numerous opportunities to close the sale.
    Regarding the use of contracts, it all depends on where you are. I, personally wouldn't work without them. The two times I have, I got burned. Not big, a few hundred bucks, but big enough for me to learn my lesson.
    This year I went to a three page Agreement. Page 1 is the contract stuff. Page 2 (Exhibit A) is the spec sheet that outlines the work to be done. Page 3 (Exhibit B) outlines my companies policies otherwise know as "terms of service".
  10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi CelticGreens,

Feel free to use any of the contacts located here.