Service agreements

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kaufmaninc, Jan 18, 2003.

1. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Do y'all write your own or have you gotten a template from somewhere? I'd be interested to see.

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

write my own. only u know how u want to run your agreements

3. Earthscapes

Earthscapes LawnSite Member
    from WNY

i took about 10 (mostly from searching this site for hours) and re worked them to how i wanted it to read.

4. Tim Canavan

Tim Canavan LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I have taken a 4 page contract written by a lawyer and a couple written by local comanies (friends in the buisness) and developed my own. I have reworked them about six times. You think you're finished and then one day while out working you will think of something else that needs to be in there.

I use a "Contract" for my commercial accounts. It's longer and more detailed.
    I use a "Maintenance Agreement" for my residential accounts. It's not as long and seems to not scare people away as much.
    I hope this helps.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Made my own template and customize it as needed. BTW, if you write one up by yourself, have an attorney look at it too to make sure it's ok.

6. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Woud anybody be willing to share?

7. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

would any one else like to share there tempaltes that they made

8. KirbyKLC

KirbyKLC LawnSite Member

Send me an email and I will share my basic template privately if you are still interested.

9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Just do yourself a favor & keep it short & sweet. Try to keep it to 1 page. List your services, prices, and payment terms. Make sure you include late fees and how returned checks are handled. Also make sure there is a cancellation clause, and if you'reconcerned about increasing fuel costs,a fuel escalation clause. I know its important to dot i's & cross t's, but I've seen some guys w/ multi-page contracts and they are not only forboding, but also very confusing:dizzy:

Bob