Service area

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Aug 28, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the avarage service area you guys do. Right now my furthest is maybe 5 miles. Whatwould be the max?

2. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Since I can't drive yet its only 5 blocks.:cry: :cry: When I get my truck it will be 5-10 miles depending on what type of properties.

3. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

My farthest account is 18 miles each way. All the rest are within 2 miles of home.

4. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

From my most southeast account to my most northwest account is about 40 miles. This area is unique in that there are four towns in that corridor with about 350,000 people total in the "NWA Metro area." I service all of the Fayetteville, Springdale, Bentonville, Rogers, Bella Vista area here in Northwest Arkansas. I have about 20 accounts in each town so once I get to that area it is not bad, but first thing in the morning driving 40 miles kind of sucks.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

145 miles each way, serviced weekly year round. Then we have numerous ones that are in the 75-100 mile each way range.

6. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i try to set a 25 mile radius from home for maintence but installs or retaining walls i will travel

7. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe I should have re-worded this. Im trying to gain more accounts. What should I keep my travel distance to. I mean I dont want to target places 25 miles from me. Maybe a 10 mile radius?

8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

About 10 miles, and thats only 1 day a week, the rest we service are about 5 miles from the shop, which is helpful when you run an older fleet like I do.

9. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

About 99% of ours is in a very tight area within 15 mins of the shop (house). But we did pick up an awesome account which is 30 miles one direction, but it is worth ever mile of it!

10. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

I was just getting ready to ask this same thing. My business plans is to never leave my city. Some tell me to branch out more but I beleive there is plenty of work in my little city of 34,000 people. Plus so many advantages of staying close to home.