Service Autopilot

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BLC1, Sep 25, 2012.

1. AQLSERVICE

AQLSERVICE LawnSite Member

I am very happy I found this website, everyone on here is a lot of help, I am just starting out and I have found answers to a lot of questions. I really appreciate everyone that has replied to my question.

American Quality Lawn Service LLC
    Greg Loar

2. BLC1

BLC1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Do you guys have your guys use tablets in the trucks to enter times from job to job?

3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Mobile smartphones....

4. BLC1

from Ohio

How does that work out for you? Are your crews using them correctly? Do you run into any issues where the phone may not be working for some reason. Do you dispatch jobs through the day to optimize the crews.

5. BLC1

from Ohio

I was also wondering what they have for scheduling. Can SAP optimize your routes? Can you see a map view of all the jobs and schedule jobs in close proximity to the same days.

6. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

So. Are you going to sign up and give SAP a try?

7. BLC1

from Ohio

I guess what I'm going to do is try out jobber and SAP to see what does best for me over the next month.

8. seabee24

seabee24 LawnSite Senior Member

last I checked yes, but I'm still afraid to say for sure. If you are using mobile for SAP, I would print the route sheets anyway for the first 2 weeks to be sure that you don't run into a bug or failure, or just an employee that cant use a device.

9. BLC1

from Ohio

Do you have to pay 15/month per crew for them to have access to the mobile?

10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Still working out a few mobile issues, and once in awhile I'll print out the route sheets, but usually just use mobile. Tried it last season a bit near the end and it's a lot better now - easier to track times etc. Yes, it's $15 per additional user, but I believe you can have up to 4 users on the pro account.