Service Autopilot

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BLC1, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Briankook

Briankook LawnSite Member

Here are pros and cons in my opinion of Service Autopilot:
    Pros:
    Excellent support team (they want to help)
    It's constantly improving
    Mobile functionality
    Built on new technology
    Easy to learn
    Syncs with Quickbooks well
    Automates billing
    Can attach pics, images, contracts, etc to client and/or job
    Excellent scheduling functionality
    Can have new leads push from your website into system

Cons:
    Monthly charge
    Cannot add new services or materials to Quickbooks
    Cannot 'hide' line items on invoice but have them calculated
    Cannot send out renewal letters based on scheduled services like QX
    Sales report doesn't seem to work

Verdict...SA will be excellent in another year or so after the improvements are made. I think they will be my choice for scheduling and billing software.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I came from 10 yrs of QX and have no regrets. Lot's of good improvements and a few small drawbacks. I was running the enterprise version of QX. Upside potential or plan for SA looks very good with the next release.

3. AdkadTechnologies

AdkadTechnologies Sponsor

That is very helpful to break down the pros and cons that way for any product, but especially software. Software companies have to recognize that in many ways we are a big part of your business and if we cannot support you then we aren't doing our job and we aren't of much use.

4. godjwood

godjwood LawnSite Member
    from RI

This is my first season using it. Overall- Great, saves me tons of time.

Pros:
    -Excellent customer service (if it wasn't for this, I would never have stayed considering the cons below)
    -Leads from website automatically entered as leads, leads easily converted to clients. Eliminates data entry in these areas. Saves a lot of time
    -Invoicing so much faster than my old excel & quickbooks copy paste system.
    -Good system for "waiting list" jobs & recurring work with no specific set data, eg fertilizing
    -Charging credit cards a breeze
    -Email templates saves tons of time

Cons:
    -Glitches in almost all areas of system
    -Long learning curve
    -Takes a long time to set up your company
    -Not user friendly or intuitive
    -Many areas not fine tuned, like betas. You kind of have to feel your way through it and figure out what systems work for you.

But like others said, they have a huge update coming out soon that they have been releasing videos on which looks amazing, can't wait for it.

5. ddmcintosh1

ddmcintosh1 LawnSite Member

Were you able to transfer your Qxpress data into Service Autopilot? I'm currently using Qxpress but just feel like it's losing advancement in the software field. Looking around but very nervous to switch and lose all my customer data.

6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Do you not do backups? I have my customer data in more than one place for this very reason.

7. ddmcintosh1

Yes, I back everything up, but the last time I switched software my old customer data could not be imported into my new software, therefore, I lost 7 years worth of customer history. I still had it in a different location but I want it in only one location so I'm not switching back and forth.

8. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes data can be moved. Also, your quick books history for the client appears to you essentially lose nothing.

9. ddmcintosh1

The info I'm most worried about losing is all of the job cost info, ex. how long each job took vs. estimated time, etc. All billing info is already in QB because I invoice thru QB, but I don't do job costing thru QB right now, I only do job costing thru Qxpress. Thanks for your help.

10. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I would think you could export data out of Qxpress as well?