Service Autopilot

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BLC1, Sep 25, 2012.

1. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

That's a bummer. I have Elavon thru Costco now. They don't charge a monthly fee.

2. Aussie-Gardener

Aussie-Gardener LawnSite Member

Hi Guys

So Authorize has a monthy fee and a cost per transaction.
    Then the merchant account you use charges a % per transaction?

I have been thinking about service auto pilots portal. Can you use this option without having the website?

Also can the portal have the option to get the client to agree to terms and conditions of direct debiting their credit card after each invoice is issued once they fill in their CC details?

At the moment I have a hard copy that the customer has to sign and get back to me. Would be nice to have this stored securely online.

Cheers

3. GreenGuysLC

GreenGuysLC LawnSite Senior Member

Tried to reply but apparently didnt post....so.....again....you actually have two options....blue pay and authorize.com. i chose blue pay because they had better rates. As far as fees i cant tell you specifixa because there is several varibles. You do not need a website or cliwnt portal. Just register with either company ...enter your info in SaP and start charging. It is simple and quick.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Aussie-Gardener

Do you need written authorization in the US to charge some ones CC on a regular basis?

5. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Yes they can select to have the card auto charged.

I have mine set up so that when a lead accepts the estimate they then get an email with their account log in to setup up the cc.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. GreenGuysLC

On my setup....i dont use the client portal. When i get a new client they fill out a sheet for my info...and if they chiose the cc option they sign an aknowledgement of the terms if they want reoccuring. So far no issuees. I met a guy last week that told me he now makes all new clients have a cc on file with him....whether they pay by card or not. I like that idea actually. Thinking of pros and cons at the moment
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Aussie-Gardener

Im using STRIPE at the moment. In AUS its 2.7% +$0.30

I just spoke to my bank about a merchant account to link with Authorize.net
    As i am just starting to take credit cards im not sure of my annual figure.
    They want to charge me 3-5% :hammerhead:

They said I will need $150,000 + on credit card alone to get something like %1

ouch

8. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

we are with authorize.net and do way over 150k and still pay about 2.4-2.5%

9. GreenGuysLC

Srry... was answering an old post..

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  10. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

We tried it for a year and thought it was alright. The costs started ramping up as I wanted almost all of my guys to be able to know what customers owed etc. to start cutting people off after a certain point. We have tricky clientele in Detroit. Quickbooks integration was really nice though. I started building a better solution for field service management (Locqus) its a simple system and free which is great for keeping costs down. Working on QB integration for next year!