Service Autopilot

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BLC1, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Briankook

Briankook LawnSite Member

The owner of SA told me that they will be integrating with Fleetmatics at some point in the near future. I don't know exactly when, but I was hoping to have a scheduling system work with a GPS system and it looks like it is finally going to happen!
    I don't know exactly how they are going to work together, but time will tell.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it's because I set up a link on our website, combined with the familiarity of making their own user name and password. Maybe look and feel? All I know is it works well. No extra step as in downloading payments like qb. The money is right there and syncs to QB for depositing.
  3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I can say it would be nice not to be held hostage to QB Merchant account and their ever increasing fees.
  4. ddmcintosh1

ddmcintosh1 LawnSite Member

I use QB for customer payments but it's through Intuit Payment Network. My invoices have a link on them with the customers unique number, they go to the link, make their payment and it only costs me $.50 per transaction. If I wanted to accept credit card payments it would be a flat 3.25% per transaction. I don't think you need to use their merchant account anymore. I could be wrong but it would be worth checking into.
  5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I do like the IPN and I ask clients to use it instead of the CC. People want thier rewards. If the card is keyed in with AVS the rate is around 3% but jumps to 3.95% without the AVS.

I have asked QB about the AVS and I wish they would turn off processing cards that do not match the billing address but they don't / won't. I have also never had a charge reversed and most of my clients pay over and over so I am not sure how they justify the higher rates. I think it just greed and thieft frankly.

Why in the heck does someone like ATT get a lower rate just because someone self swipes a card versus someone that keys in the info with an address?
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  6. CLS_Birmingham

CLS_Birmingham LawnSite Member

For those using SAP, is it worth the investment for smaller companies running 1 maintenance and one landscape crew?? I'm really looking into getting the software since were running our whole business out of excel and quickbooks. I just want to know my money is going towards something that will help my company grow over the next year.
  7. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am even smaller than you. 1 maintenance crew with 4 employees. I'm not 100% happy, but way happier than I was with QXpress. I almost canceled SAP several times over the lack of mobile use. But the owner personally called me several times and their customer service is A+.

There is a learning curve, just like with all software. But they over a lot of videos that you can watch to help figure out the system. Much better than a worded walk through.

I really miss some things from QXpress. But still more satisfied with SAP than QXpress. My two biggest complaints, lack of offline mode for mobile and cannot customize anything. You have to use their templates. I want to customize my scheduling layout but nope, gotta stick with they have.
  8. krzys555

krzys555 LawnSite Member

but overall there software is great for scheduling, billing, and invoicing automatically.
    there will be a new mobile version in the future. who knows when that will be.
    the new version comes out the 14th of December. i can update you then.

there marketing part of the software does not exist.
  9. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I also wish the mobile had more options, but overall a very good system. Probably a bit overkill for what we do, but the scheduling really helps out a lot!
  10. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Can you create invoices from your phone?